I needed a quick vase for a pretty dinner I was setting for my in law’s anniversary. We had flowers for the center piece but I didn’t want to run out and buy a vase just to use for a few hours. So I checked the jars I had kept and found one I could use. An empty Burt’s Bee baby bath jar.
I also wanted to cover up the logo so I grabbed my trusty Mod Podge, some pretty card stock and washi tape.
First I measured and cut the paper out, painted mod podge on the jar, stuck the paper to it and mod podged again over the paper. Then I set the vase out to dry in the sun.
After 30 mins, It was super warm out, I added washi tape to the top and bottom for a trim. It was cute for a quick vase.
In-laws loved their Anniversary Dinner and Movie in. Happy 42 years of marriage to them!
My house can get a little chaotic with the two little ones. So there are lots of times I haven’t had the time to unload the the dishwasher of the clean dishes. But I have had to grab a few clean dishes right away. Well you know how when you open the door the light is no longer on Clean. How easy is it for some one else, the husband, to put now dirty dishes on top of the already clean ones without knowing? And it happens time and again. So I wanted to put an end to this finally.
I decided to make a magnet for the the front of the dishwasher that can tell anyone if the dishes are clean or dirty. So now maybe anyone can help put them away when I’m too busy, would be nice, or just not put dirty ones on top of the clean.
I used a piece of a card board box, cut some card stock and glued it down with my mod podge (white glue and water mixture).
I sat the cardboard outside to dry quickly. When dry I wrote Dirty and Clean on it so I can just flip the magnet upside or right side up. Lastly I cut a piece of magnet strip that has 2 sided tape on it and stuck it on.
I had my solution in 5 mins. Lets hope I remember to flip it right!
I’m still working on my sitting garden. Always adding and rearranging.
I found 3 hanging candle holders that haven’t really held candles for some time now.
I decided these would look really pretty as succulent planters to hang in my garden.
So I washed the dust out of them, added some soil and broke pieces off of my already growing succulents for these planters.
Lastly I hung all 3 up on my garden gate where it can share space with my climbing Jasmine.