At our new home the previous owners left a non working fountain.
I kept it thinking I could re-purpose it. So while I started working on my garden I decided to remove the cord and use this fountain for as a succulent planter.
I may still paint it, but I did add my outdoor Owl to the top of the fountain since it had no new home yet.
I think this will look really nice once the succulents grow together. I love using random items as planters in my garden.
We recently bought a new home. And although I’m not a big fan of the outside color, we wont be painting the outside of the house any time soon.
I wanted to change the color scheme and did inside. But I still wanted the outside changed. After considering how I could do this I decided on painting both sides of the front door for that pop of color I wanted. I went with a vibrant teal.
This is the accent color in my kitchen and front room. I’m really happy with this fun change. It gives our new home more personality and really makes it ours. It’s such an easy and fun change that I had to share it with you.
I love how easy it is to make a wreath for any occasion.
I needed an everyday wreath. So when I saw the monograms you could order from wood on sale I ordered our last name.
I found a large naked straw wreath at my favorite thrift store and thought it would be perfect to decorate.
I had some left over burlap from previous projects.
I also had some gold outdoor spray paint.
I put them all together with ribbon and hot glue and made the everyday wreath I wanted.
I love how uniform this turned out. I can add little decorations to it for different seasons and Holidays as the year progresses. As for now, this is perfect for the summer and exactly what I needed for my front door.
The Children in our Preschool made one of these for Mother’s Day and I loved this project so much I decided to make one of my daughter to match my son’s. I also made a smaller pair to give to Grandpa for Father’s Day. This is such an easy project that can be used for any type of special gift any time of the year.
I took pictures of my children blowing kisses, printed them, and cut them out. I painted, with the help of my children, two 5×7 canvases in blue and let dry over night. I then drew hearts on construction paper and cut them out. Next I glued the photos down. Lastly the kids and I glued the hearts in the direction we thought they would be blown.
I think Papa will love this gift.
It’s Costume time again and it is hard to find a good Princess Leia’s Belt! All the store bought costumes really skimp on this accessory. So I decided to make my own. There are a ton of these belt DIY tutorials out there. Now here’s mine too.
I used foam sheets over felt since I felt it would hold it’s shape better. I found the shapes I wanted from pictures online. Next I drew them and cut them out. I first used white glue to adhere the shapes but they started to peel as soon as it dried. I reinforced the edges with the trusty hot glue gun. But you have to be careful and use very little since the hot temp gun can and will melt the foam. Luckily mine stayed together using minimal hot glue and no melted holes were made.
Lastly I added 2 small pieces of stick on Velcro to the back of the belt. I think this turned out well for a few dollars to wear for a few hours.
Now all is ready for Halloween. Have a fun and safe Holiday!
I wanted to make a chalkboard menu for the times we entertain. These little details are really cute for any party. I had this old multi picture frame that I was never going to use. So I decided I would re-purpose the frame into the menu.
I traced the glass rectangle from the frame on press board then tossed the glass out. Next I sanded down the wood frame. I wanted to make it vintage looking. So after wiping the sanded frame down, I spray painted the wood gold. After that dried I spray painted the next layer white. While the frame was drying over night my husband cut the press wood. I painted about 4 layers of chalk board paint on the press wood. I let them both dry over night.
The next morning I used light grit sand paper and sanded the frame as to how I wanted it to look. I wanted to see some gold through it just enough for some sparkle.
After everything was dry I put the boarded frame together.
One tip that I learned long ago was to color the whole board with white chalk first. This way you avoid any ghost writing from the 1st time you write on it. Wipe the chalk board down with dry cloth and you’re ready to write.
The menu board turned out great. We were able to use it right away for a Teacher’s luncheon we put on at my Daughter’s school. A fast fun and reusable detail to any party. Enjoy.
We’ve had a train table for years and the kids have loved it. But now that they are getting older they have really started getting into building with Legos. Our train table couldn’t really be changed into a Lego table. I noticed another Mother swapping out her train table since the top was warped so we grabbed it to transform it.
My husband had a piece of particle board cut for the top of the table then glued down Lego bases with the help from the kids.
This was a great table to transform since it has drawers to put extra Legos in. I love how the Legos can be secure on the bases with less chance of losing the small pieces.
Now it’s time to build and be creative!